A shrine preserving the glory of the greatest character from the 2003-2006 Teen Titans cartoon.

Monday, August 11, 2014

Raven Customized Items

INTRODUCTION
Here I'll be presenting items that have been customized to be more, in a word, "Raven".
________________________

ALARM CLOCK

This is an alarm clock I personally customized to look like the one Raven has as featured in the episode "Birthmark". It took a lot of work mostly focusing on the clock face and hands, and even though several details are absent, I'm satisfied enough with the results. Here's a comparison:


______________

FUNKO POP! VINYL FIGURE

Toy manufacturer Funko released this vinyl figure as a part of their Pop! line, but they made the unfortunate choice of creating the team from the horrible "Teen Titans Go" cartoon, as made most evident by the use of its logo on the package. Though there are other details such as the hood shape to clue people in to which show its depicted from, I did what I could to make up for their mistake by making my own construction paper header based on the good show's logo and put it on top of the inferior one. I had to warp the dimensions a bit to do this, but it came out satisfactorily.

______________

LEGO MINI FIGURE

Here's something I picked up at a local toy show. In times since buying the above Pop! Funko figure I've resolved to stop buying anything based off of a false Raven, with such obvious giveaways as the angular brooch seen on the "Teen Titans Go" cartoon, and after seeing that this custom Lego mini figure did indeed depict the true Raven, I made the purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment