A shrine preserving the glory of the greatest character from the 2003-2006 Teen Titans cartoon.

Monday, August 11, 2014

Raven's True Colors

Raven's cloak is often depicted as being purple (such as on most merchandise), but other times it's shown as blue. So, which one is it? Looking at the Teen Titans Color Key as seen on titanstower.com,  it would appear that technically the answer is "both", with it being blue in daytime lighting and purple in nighttime lighting.

Something that should also be addressed is that just a simple photo edit can cause blue to become purple, as I had found out when Google was apparently auto-enhancing pictures I put up here until I disabled the feature, leading me to have to re-upload the pictures. This means that when Warner Bros was sending out references to merchandisers, the cloak could very well have become purple somewhere along the process by the time they exchanged hands digitally. Everything from computer monitor settings to human error could be involved. I guess part of why I'm making this post is to say that I hope my pictures here on the site are fair representations, and I'm sorry if any aren't.

No comments:

Post a Comment